Restore backup in another machine

User Help, discussion of features, issues, and general topics about Uranium Backup.

Moderators: Davide Costantini, Romana Romandini, Andrea Ciotti, Administrator

Restore backup in another machine

Postby Buka » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:07 pm

Hello,

How I can restore my folders backup in another computer using the restore tool? the new computer have Uranium installed, but when I try to restore my backup this don't show any "restore points". Is it possible to backup the data and "restore points" for do that? or I have to restore data manually uncompressing all the file (I have to many because I set incremental backup).

Regards

Uranium Backup Team

Re: Restore backup in another machine

Postby Administrator » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:52 pm

Hello,

you need to get the RestoreInfo.dat e RestoreInfo.ini files from the path C:\ProgramData\UraniumBackup\Log of the "old" machine and put it in the same path of the new one.

Best regards

The staff
Uranium Backup Support

Postby Buka » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:26 pm

Administrator wrote:Hello,

you need to get the RestoreInfo.dat e RestoreInfo.ini files from the path C:\ProgramData\UraniumBackup\Log of the "old" machine and put it in the same path of the new one.

Best regards

The staff

Thanks for reply.

I did not find those files in the old machine, the Uranium directory don't have a "Log" folder. Also try to looking for in the rest of my computer without successful. Also try to search those files in others machines with Uranium installed and nothing :(

(My computer have Windows 7 Professional )

Regards

Uranium Backup Team

Postby Administrator » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:40 am

Hello,

what kind of backup did you perform? An incremental/differential backup or a simple files and folders (full) backup?

Best regards

The staff
Uranium Backup Support

Postby Buka » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:31 pm

I do diferencial backups.

I must correct: Now I have found the folder Log ("program data" folder was hidden) and find the file RestoreInfo.dat but not RestoreInfo.ini.

I tried to restore the files using only .dat file in the "new"computer, the restore point are shown, but not restore the files.

Regards

Return to Technical Support ENG